PART TIME ASSOCIATE PASTOR
WILLOW PARK CHURCH (SOUTH), KELOWNA, BC
Willow Park Church South is a multi-generational, gospel-centred, multi-campus church serving Kelowna, British Columbia. Our vision is to see lives transformed by Jesus in the Okanagan Valley. What excites and unites us as a church is working together to find creative ways to present the gospel, encourage community and disciple his people.
As our campuses develop and grow we are seeking a part-time Associate Pastor for our South Campus. The role is perfect for someone who is seeking to dedicate time, energy and passion toward the gospel and growth of the local church.
Expertise / Experience
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, high-level networking and relational strengths, ability to make great decisions under pressure and leadership experience. The ability to encourage people, build teams and creatively approach challenges is vital.
The role needs someone who is articulate, outgoing, well organised, full of ideas and quick thinking.
- Assist in the leadership of the South campus.
- Assist the leadership in making our campus gatherings welcome, organised and of high quality.
- Develop leaders, recruit Community Group members and leaders.
- Oversee and develop the guest connection services, community events / outreach opportunities and be involved in pastoral care as needed
- Minimum of 3 years experience in ministry work including but not limited to: pastoral care experience; small group leadership, mentoring/shepherding church members and organizing a ministry.
- Mature Christian who meets biblical qualifications for leadership and has a strong commitment to prayer and personal devotion.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, supervise, train and coach volunteers
- Ability to effectively communicate to large and small groups
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Possess strong interpersonal relational skills
Hours and Compensation
The Associate position is part-time (20 hours) a week and is on a contract basis. The pay is highly competitive within a church our size.
How to Apply
We invite you to fill out the form below and attach a cover letter and resume as per the instructions below.